- Clean shower - 1st thing I did and it took a looooooooooong time. :)
- Clean kitchen (this one could have sub-bullets all on it's own, but I won't get that detailed)
- Unpack kitchen boxes
- Wash all kitchen stuff
- Find a place for all kitchen stuff
- Touch up and clean more of the kitchen
- Polish up the cabinets
- Clean kitchen floor (I know I said I wouldn't get into the nitty gritty of cleaning the kitchen, but this one deserved a point of it's own. The previous owner put carpet in the kitchen...yep, you read that right...C-A-R-P-E-T. I'm thoroughly grossed out by it and it will be one of my first projects to get rid of it. I won't even walk barefoot in there after I vacuumed it. Enough said here.)
- Broke down all empty boxes and put out for trash (my back hurts now)
- Clean washing machine and dryer (There was some nasty stuff left behind there. This one took awhile too.)
- Hook up new printer (Had to so I could print out forms to change automatic withdrawls.)
- Made phone calls to contractor, electrician, flooring guy and furnace guy, so I can set times for them to come next week when my parents are here. I need Dad's knowledge for this stuff.
- Went to Wal-Mart every day as I continually discovered things I needed. It's my goal not to go the rest of the week. We'll see how that one holds up.
- Went and signed up for the Homestead tax thing-a-ma-jigger. Still don't know what that one's all about, but I can cross it off my list.
- Went to the bank.
- Went to the post office.
Whew! No wonder I'm so tired. And who knew just the kitchen would take all of one day and part of two others. Now I'm on to the rest of the house tomorrow starting with my bedroom and the utility room/bathroom. Can't use the real bathroom yet, hence the call to the contractor. Anyone free to come unpack some boxes and clean? I'll feed you a sandwich...okay I might even spring for pizza! :)
Just wanted you to know that I haven't been sitting around eating bon bons.