Sunday, March 9, 2008

Retreat

I have worked at the Iowa Regular Baptist Camp for 4 1/2 years now. This past weekend I was able to actually attend my first retreat here!!! Our church rented the Retreat Center for a Ladies' Retreat.

It was so much fun and just the refreshment I needed. We played games, sang and several of our ladies were chosen to give testimonies. We also had a wonderful prayer time in small groups.

The most important part for me was the testimonies. Four ladies were asked to share what God has been teaching them. Each of them touched on the fact that we must relinquish control over to God. What a great reminder!

1 comment:

Mary Ann said...

Ahhh...that whole control thing. I wish I would really learn that when I think I'm in control that it's really just an illusion (not to mention a sin b/c I'm supposed to let God be in control). I could be reminded of that particular truth hourly. I'm so glad you were able to participate in the retreat instead of work the retreat. Working in such a ministry is also a blessing, but evidently not the blessing that you needed. I hope you're having a great week!