Saturday, August 30, 2008

Fruit Salsa

You guys are going to love this one. I made it this morning/afternoon - who really knows what time it was. I was still in my PJ's, but of course I didn't take my shower until 5:00 and then I just put fresh PJ's on. But you don't want to know about that. (I did get my apartment cleaned an my living room rearranged.)

Here is the cast: mangoes, fresh pineapple, strawberries, kiwi, mandarin oranges, lemon juice and sugar. I made this at my parents' a few weekends ago and their store didn't have mangoes, so we substituted peaches. It was still really yummy.

Chop it all up and mix it together.

So what do you eat it with? Take a stack of fajita tortillas and cut them in six.

Heat some oil on the stove and mix up some cinnamon and sugar. (Please ignore the pile of stuff on my counter top. I was going to work on that after I was done cooking, but it's still there. I guess I worked on the more important stuff...once again...I better get back on target.)

Fry up those tortillas and then cover them with the cinnamon and sugar.

Here they are! Ready to dive into that fruit salsa!

Here is the recipe. It makes a really big batch, so I just made a half batch today.

Fruit Salsa
3 mangoes
1 pint strawberries
1 fresh pineapple
2 10 oz. cans mandarin oranges
8 kiwi
1/4 cup lemon juice
2 T. sugar

Mix and serve.

4 comments:

Stacey said...

I am so coming to your house tomorrow!!

Stacey said...

Yummy! I had some today at Erin's and it was GOOD!!

Anonymous said...

I've had fruit salsa before but I like your mixture of fruit. Looks great!

Stacey said...

K so I made this yesterday (half batch too) and the tortilla thingys and Gone!! Gone I say! YUMMY!!