Saturday, January 31, 2009

Olive Cheese Bread

I made this recipe over Christmas and wanted to post it then, but forget to take pictures of the finished product. Well, made it again last night for company and once again forgot to take pictures. It was a hit both times, so here's the recipe and I hope you make it because it's fabulous!

Olive Cheese Bread
1 can black olives
1 jar green olives
1 stick softened butter
1/2 cup mayo
1 clove minced garlic
parsley
1 loaf french bread
Chop up the olives and mix all the ingredients together. Slice the loaf of bread lengthwise. Spread mixture on bread and bake at 325 for 25 minutes. I also broiled the top a bit to brown the cheese more. Cut into slices and serve.
I made two whole loaves last night and one of them didn't have olives. It was good too and went over just as well.
Here are the two pictures that I did take over Christmas.


Mmm. Look at all that yummy stuff. A couple of my guests last night don't like olives, but they still liked the bread. I was surprised, but glad they liked it.

Sorry I don't have a picture of the finished product. You'll just have to trust me that it's wonderful! I would also recommend putting foil on the bottom of the pan so the cheese that runs off doesn't get crusted on the pan. (This was a side note from the girl that hates washing dishes. Which reminds me...I better get to it. I went to bed instead of washing them last night. )

2 comments:

Carrie said...

Oh, my goodness, Erin, this looks amazing.

Stacey said...

OH, I am glad i scrolled down. Somehow I missed this one!