Tuesday, February 24, 2009

What I'm Reading



I just wanted to do a quick post about a book I'm reading. I started this for my devotions last month and am really loving it. I am also doing the workbook with it as well. I highly recommend it. It has really challenged my thinking in the area of God's sovereignty.

I was one of those that would say I absolutely believe in the sovereignty of God, but would put Him in this little box. I had my expectation as to how God is supposed to work and what kind of circumstances He uses in our lives. That doesn't go along with Scripture though. Just today, the verse that really spoke to me in the study was Job 42:2. Look it up. And better yet, read the book.

2 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

Jerry Bridges is really good. I've read a couple books by him.

Stacey said...

K, I know what I am moving onto next!