Sunday, January 10, 2010

Gazing or Going?

I heard a great message this morning. My dad was sick and couldn't preach (that's not why it was good). So Pastor Gruis filled in for him. He brought us to Acts chapter 1. In verse 11 it says, "Men of Galilee, why do you stand looking into heaven?..." In verse 8, Jesus had just told them to go and get busy.

What a great picture of how most of us live today...including me. Instead of being busy for Christ, I'm gazing. Why? It's easier to gaze than go. It's more comfortable to gaze than go. It's more accepted to gaze than go. It's less controversial to gaze than go. Bottom line: because it's more about me than Him.

So I just thought I'd share this tidbit with you. I'm going to work on being more of a goer and doer than a gazer and watcher.

3 comments:

ExploreColorado said...

Love your new background!

Mary Ann said...

How true...thanks for sharing.
I like your new background, too! I really want to change mine, but I'm worried that it will be too involved. Maybe when I'm stuck at home after my surgery...

Theo-Ann said...

great thought, Erin.:) Hope your new year is going well. Continue to keep your focus on the Lord and He will continue to direct your paths. Praying for ya!