Monday, June 28, 2010

The Interview

My friend, Mary Ann, over on her blog recently had another reader submit five questions to her for an "interview" type of post. I thought it might be a fun post, so Mary Ann sent me five questions to answer on my blog.  If any of you would like to participate, you can see the "rules of the game" at the bottom of this post.
1. You've had some major life changes recently. What was your high point & what was your low point this last year?

I'll start with the low points; t
here have been a couple.  Leaving camp and my church was very difficult and I still miss them tremendously. Camp was my life for the last almost seven years and the people there were family.  The other low point was my first week in Creston.  Even though I knew it's where God wanted me, I felt very alone and started to worry and doubt.  Not a good thing!  I still have my moments when I wonder why God led me here.  It just takes time to settle in and make friends.
The high point was definitely seeing God lead in my life and having to trust him for the next step.  I left camp without knowing where I would work next and where I would live next.  It was very exciting to see how He put it all in place in His time frame.  He made it so obvious that I was to move to Creston and work at Hometown Insurance.  I'm very thankful for His direction.

2. If you could change anything about yourself physically & personality-wise what changes would you make?

Most people would probably have a physical change of being a different size and looking fabulous.  Although that would be nice, I'd have to say that I just want to be healthy.  Yes, that involves continuing to lose weight, but I'd get out my magic wand and make my immune system stronger and take away my asthma.  I get tired of struggling with my health. That being said.  I've learned much through all this and realize that many others struggle with much bigger health issues.

Personality wise, I'd like to be more laid back.  It's hard for me to relax when things aren't done.  That's at work or at home.  Sometimes it's good that I'm so driven, but other times it can be a detriment.  I think it's been a culprit in some of my health issues.

3. If you could spend one week on an African safari, Alaskan sled dog trip, or backpacking/hiking in Yellowstone, which would you choose & why?

Do I have to choose one?  Seriously, none of these would appeal to me. I'm not an outdoor person.  I like hiking, but would not enjoy a backpacking trip.  I'd love to visit Africa, but the bugs there are HUGE!  And I'd love to visit Alaska and love dogs, but really....no.

4. If you were going to lose one of your five senses & the Lord let you choose, which would you choose & why?

Maybe if I couldn't taste, losing weight would be easier.


5. Read the following quote from a bumper sticker I saw recently:  I enjoy poetry, long walks on the beach, & poking dead things with a stick.  Do you think that's funny?  

When I first read it I laughed, but the more I read it the less funny it was.  And that surprises me because I usually love random humor.

If you want to play along:

1 - Leave a comment with your blog URL, saying you want to be interviewed.
2 - I will respond; I'll ask you five questions.
3 - You'll update your blog with my five questions, and your five answers.
4 - You'll include this explanation.
5 - You'll ask other people five questions when they want to be interviewed.

3 comments:

Mary Ann said...

Great answers, Erin! I so enjoy our friendship & even though we've been friends for so long, it's still fun to learn new things about you. Thanks for playing along! *hugs*

Ann@StringerMama said...

I want to play! :-) http://samandann.blogspot.com/

Send me my questions! :-) Love your blog by the way! As God brings you to mind, I'll pray for you as you continue to make the big transition!

Carrie said...

So fun- I want to play too! :) http://ceaselesspraises.blogspot.com