Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Memorization In Motion

My church has started a new memorization program. We memorize one verse a week and meet with the accountability partner we have been paired with. I have been paired with Pamela Betz. Her dad is the director of the camp where I work and we both live right on the campground, so it makes it easy to get together. It is a joy to meet with her and discuss our verses. The last two weeks I have actually been able to say mine before her, which is quite an accomplishment. (I think it has to do with the fact that she is working on two chapters in Revelation for Talents for Christ.)

It really has been wonderful to work on memorizing God's Word. This is an area where I have been sorely lacking. It is great motivation to have a partner. I think since I have started, I have noticed how often I think of the scripture throughout the day. This is what meditation is all about.

As a camp staff we are working on Isaiah 40:27-31. This passage in particular has meant a lot lately as I seek to wait on the Lord. He has a much better plan for my life than I do.

Well, here is a picture of my partner, Pamela. Hope this inspires you to memorize as well!

No comments: