Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Happy Holidays!!!

I want to wish everyone a Happy Holiday!!!! Just to recap what I did last year, click here. Okay, now on to present day!!! (Just to warn you - I will be using a lot of exclamation points today! See I just can't help it!)

The story starts with my previous post requesting help from you, my faithful readers (all five or so of you). Amy from South Africa suggested this idea so I must first of all acknowledge her assistance. Thank you, Amy!!! My second acknowledgement must go to my chiropractor, Dr. Jeff Anderson. He loves to hear about my April Fool's "gifts" and asked me what my plans were. I told him Amy's idea of using poppers on chair rollers, but I had no idea where to get them. As it turns out, you can only get them in states where fireworks are legal and Iowa is not one of them. He just happened to have gotten a case of them in WI and said he would be happy to share. Thank you , Dr. Anderson!!!!!!!!!!


So here they are - the wonderful box of poppers.

I put them on the stopper of their drawers (they actually haven't found these yet). This is going to be the "gift that keeps on giving."

Here they are on the rollers of their chairs.

Now, let me introduce you to my partner in crime. Stacey is my friend, Jr. Girls co-teacher and now my April Fool's buddy. I didn't just want to keep the joy all at camp, so she met me at the church and we left "gifts" for our pastors as well.

I guess these photos might be a bit incriminating.

Stacey thought that our pastor's wife, Mary would like her desk decorated a bit. We thought what better to decorate with than T.P. Mary knew we were going to leave "gifts" for the pastors, so we knew she would know this was from us. She didn't work today, so I guess the other secretary was the one to receive the gift in her honor.

Mary called me this morning to tell me that Pastor called her to tell her that everything in his office popped this morning when he went in. (Just imagine my evil laugh...ahhhh, ahhhh, ahhhh.) He thinks it was all Stacey because of the note she left on Mary's desk. I'm sure he doesn't read my blog and Mary told him that she would never reveal her sources. I'm safe for now.

This year, I had several "gifts" left for me as well. When I arrived at my desk this morning, the desktop on my computer was upside down and my mouse had been tampered with. Try moving your mouse in the opposite direction than normal to try to fix everything. That was a good one. Thanks Shane.

When I went downstairs for lunch I noticed right away that something was a muck. (I heard that in a movie once and just love that phrase.) The handles on my refrigerator and freezer had been moved to the other side. They also switched a couple of my drawers. Thank you Dan, Shane and Aaron. (My mom taught me that it's rude not to thank people for gifts.) I hope this is a gift that will be fixed though. It will drive me crazy to have to open the doors from the other direction now.

So, how did you celebrate. Come on...don't be a dud. Get in the spirit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12 comments:

Stacey said...

I can't believe pastor thinks it was just me!! GREAT! I so wished you'd tell the rest of the story but that is--lips sealed!!

Erin said...

I told the guys today, but of course left out a certain part. :)

Dawn said...

Haha!! Those are great "gifts"! I have had a relatively fool free day, but I will have to remember the poppers for next year.

ExploreColorado said...

Firecrackers was a really good one. I'm sure it was lots of fun.
Vickie

Anna said...

Aaron told me about the fridge-I'm sorry but I thought that was hilarious!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your day's success, but I confess I found the success of the others at camp a bit more amusing. Now would be a good time for you to remember the numerous times you've shared with me how nice it is to have Shane & Lynnae at camp...

Amy Blackburn said...

Glad it worked for you!! I love this one and am so glad to find out you were able to get the poppers. Oh yeah - please post about their reactions to their chairs, drawers and other things popping.

By the way another great place to put them is on cabinet doors. You have to close them carefully but can usually get them on without them going off! Just an idea!

Jen said...

OH MY! Erin you are too funny! You guys must have so much extra time on your hands! (just teasing) :) I must say that was a pretty good April fools gag!

Mary Ann said...

Great job, Erin! I've got one to tell you (my boss's wife's friend did this). She has a friend who is a drug rep for Flomax. She called her & left a voicemail saying she had seen the news on CNN & it was too bad the FDA was pulling Flomax off the market & horrible about how all those people had been adversely affected by the drug, but surely her company would give her another drug & she wouldn't loose her job, blah, blah, blah. Well, the friend got the message during a big meeting & started freaking out. She called her boss, who called, his boss, who (believe it or not) called HIS boss. Can you imagine? They were all freaking out over a silly little April Fool ;-) Next year I am SO gonna have to get in on this!

Unknown said...

I'm glad that you had such a great holiday! It sounds like there were some really great pranks going on.

Anonymous said...

Good Job!!!!! I got Amy pretty good too!

Anonymous said...

Erin:

Thanks for the update on your April fools pranks. I enjoy people with a mischievous side.

Dr. Jeff