Monday, April 7, 2008

Praise to the Lord

"I will bless the Lord at all times; His praise shall continually be in my mouth." Psalm 34:1

"Seven times a day I praise You for Your righteous rules." Psalm 119:164

Last night at church, Pastor gave a devotional on Psalm 119:164. I was reminded that we are so often quick to complain, but not to praise. Here are my seven praises for today:

1. I praise the Lord for His Word. The Bible is full of all I need. It give comfort, direction and keeps me from sin.

2. I praise the Lord for my Jr. Girls class. God is so good to have given us the opportunity to teach His word to these girls.

3. I praise the Lord for my family. I am so fortunate God gave me the parents He has.

4. I praise the Lord for IRBC. I am so thankful to be part of such an incredible ministry.

5. I praise the Lord for friends. I am blessed with so many people that mean so much to me.

6. I praise the Lord for my church. I am blessed to be a part of Faith Baptist Church. They are a second family to me.

7. I praise the Lord for Spring. Today is a bit chilly, but the sun and warm weather are on the way. I love the different seasons! God's creation is amazing!

So what are your seven praises for today?

4 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, Erin, what a great idea. I will just copy your praises! (These are in no special order)

1. I praise the Lord for my salvation. Every day I find myself thankful to be his Child.
2. I praise the Lord for the salvation of my children and their desire to learn about him. They have been a huge challange to me.
3. I praise the Lord for my opportunities to minister. I count it a blessing.
4. I prasie the Lord for my friends, especialy those willing to challange me to take it to the next level.
5. I praise the Lord today when I ACTUALLY got up (early) for work this moring and didn't fall asleep in the shower.
6. I praise the Lord that God isn't done with me yet and He doesn't give up. He is so merciful.
7. I praise the Lord for good, faithful pastors and teachers that teach God's word and nothing but God's word.

ExploreColorado said...

Good reminder. It's so much easier to complain. I sometimes think I would have fit right in with the Children of Israel.
Vickie

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord!

Mary Ann said...

I agree with Vickie - I'm an Isrealite at heart many days! Here are some praises from me:
1. my salvation - what would I do if I had to live this life without hope of heaven?
2. My family. When I saw the news about the raid on the polygamist colony in Texas the first thought in my mind was, "Thank You, Lord for the wonderful family you have placed me in. They have been faithful to teach me of You."
3. My jobs. I learn so much, am challenged so much, & I really enjoy my work.
4. Mike. He challenges me a lot - to correct my thinking, to live less selfishly, & we have lots of fun together!
5. Direct answers to prayer - example, the provision of the house I am buying.
6. My church & Pastor. I have opportunities to serve & I am blessed to listen to truly challenging messages every week.
7. Warmer weather & how the Lord keeps the times & seasons for us. He has created such a wonderful world for us to enjoy!
Thanks for challenging us to do this, Erin!