Saturday, March 7, 2009

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins

I made these recipes for our retreat this weekend. They are so good, so I thought I would share them with you.

Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 1/2 cups mashed bananas
2/3 cup sunflower seed oil (I just used vegetable oil)
1 egg, beaten
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 cup semisweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Lightly grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line with muffin cups.

In a medium bowl blend the banana, oil, egg and vanilla together.

In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir in the banana mixture until just blended. Fold in the chocolate chips. Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling 3/4 full.

Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes. Remove muffins to a wire rack to cool completely.Maple Snack Mix
1/3 cup butter
1/2 cup pancake syrup
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
8 cups cinnamon Life Cereal
1 1/2 cups pecan halves

Heat oven to 300 degrees. Melt butter and syrup in 9 x 13 pan. Add brown sugar and vanilla. Stir till melted. Mix in cereal and nuts till coated. Bake 1 hour / stirring every 20 minutes. Spread on cookie sheet to cool. Store in air tight container.

I forgot to take a picture of the finished product and there were no leftovers. You will just have to trust me that this is yummy. It got this recipe from my college friend, Roxanna. Thanks for the great one, Roxi!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Both of these recipes look good and I'll have to try them! Thanks for sharing--yum!:)

Mary Ann said...

Oh my, I remember that stuff Roxi made! So good I would have driven to Iowa just to munch on it with you ;-)

Anonymous said...

looks good. so, what time are you walking today?

ExploreColorado said...

I love muffins. They're my favorite.