Sunday, March 8, 2009

My Day with a Six Year Old

Let me introduce you to my favorite little six year old, Tabitha. She had a birthday recently and wanted me to go to her party. Since I couldn't go, I had her over for the day today to celebrate. She sat by me in church and then informed me that I wasn't to forget to pick her up after Sunday School.

After church we went to lunch and then headed to my apartment for our day of fun. We started off by making cookies where I learned my first lesson.

Lesson #1 - Do not ask a six year old to turn on the kitchen aid mixer. The result is below. We laughed so hard and then just cleaned up the mess. The cookies turned out great even with some missing ingredients. Tabitha, you are a great cookie helper!

Lesson #2 - Do not play games with a six year old unless you are prepared to lose every time. She was prepared and brought a bag of her favorite games. We started off with two rounds of Cootie and finished with Princess Crazy Eights. I only lost Crazy Eights by one point. Great job, Cheeto! (private nickname)


We watched Mulan next, but I didn't take pictures of that. We had a great time snuggling on the couch watching the movie. There is nothing like a little kid that just snuggles in.

Our next project was beauty. We did our nails and then decided to accessorize for church. She had never done someone else's nails before, so I was lucky to be the first. She did a great job and we looked spectacular for church.

We wanted to be twins, so I flipped out her hair and we tried to wear matching jewelry. Isn't she just adorable?

Tabitha, I hope you had a fun celebration. I know I had a great time with you and love you very much!!!!! I'm so glad we are friends, Cheeto.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

it sure looks like you guys had fun. you never had a party like that for me!!!!

Theo-Ann said...

how fun!! She is a cutie.:)

Stacey said...

You guys look like you had a GREAT time! I am so happy that Tabitha has you!! Thanks!!

mary claire said...

Looks like you gals had a FAB time!
Tabitha is such a cutie!! :)
you are so lucky to have a friend like her..
Happy Birthday to Tabitha!

Amy Blackburn said...

That looks like fun! I love doing those kinds of things as well. Though you are quite brave letting a six year old do you nails! Glad you had a good time!

ExploreColorado said...

I'm sure you made her day. What a treat.