Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Issues at Hand

Hello friends! Those close to me know that political issue can sometimes fire me up. I decided to write today about two issues that need your involvement. I'll let the websites do the talking for me. I do want to make the point that we are so blessed to live in a country where we have a voice. So many times that voice is used for complaining and not action. Use it for action or you have no right to complain. (I'm off my soap box now.)

Issue #1
Check out this site to read more about the Provider Conscience Clause. Our President wants to make it mandatory for health care providers to provide abortions even if it violates their conscience. I heard about this just today. We only have till tomorrow to respond to have our voices heard on the issue.

Issue #2
I'm sure most of you have heard that Iowa is now the third state to legalize same sex marriages. Our supreme court judges decided to go outside the spectrum of their authority to create law. It's not too late though. Contact your legislators (if from Iowa) and ask them to support a vote on HJR 6. You can use this website to send them a message or send one of your own.

3 comments:

Carrie said...

Thank you for sharing this - I need to post about the Conscience Clause on my blog, too- I signed the petition & joined a Facebook group, but I bet posting would help, too - thanks for the reminder!!!

Pastor Steve said...

Thanks Erin!

Don't ever worry about being on your soapbox - - - Everyone need to vent their hearts on the important stuff!

ExploreColorado said...

There is deffinately a time and a place for soap boxes.