Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Goodbye

Last week was difficult as I anticipated leaving camp and then had to say all my goodbyes. I know that I'm following God's direction to leave the camp, but it was hard to leave it behind. I'm so thankful that God lead me to IRBC six and a half years ago. I'm so thankful for the people He brought into my life as a result. I'm thankful for all I've learned. And I'm thankful for God using IRBC to continue to help shape me and mold me.

Here are a few pictures of some of my goodbyes. The camp staff surprised me in the office on my last day. I happened to be on the phone, taking my last official call when they all came in and surrounded me. It was hard to finish up that phone call with all of them circling my desk smiling at me. They sang a song for me, brought a yummy dessert and finished off with lots of hugs.


Hugging the camp kids goodbye.

These ladies have been such a blessing to me. I'm thankful for their friendship.

Here are the real show stoppers. The camp kids are amazing!!!!! It has been incredible to watch them grow and change over the last years. I will miss them so much. We're just missing two in this picture, Tyler and Amanda. Tyler did make it to the tail end of our little party, but Amanda was still at FBBC.

Then the camp ladies also had another goodbye for me. We met at Applebee's to have a final lunch together. My mom came along since she was there helping me pack and Mary Grismore joined us as well as my honorary mom. I'm so thankful for these ladies and their friendship.

Here's Judy and Barb. Judy gave me a baggie of her chocolate covered cherries since I'll miss getting her candy plate for Christmas. They aren't ready yet and I keep waiting for the day when I can finally dig in to them.

Lynnae and Mary - still tan from their South Africa trip. I think it's a little mean of Lynnae to finally have a baby when I'm gone! Yep, she's expecting and due in June. Mary has a perpetual smile on her face since she's going to be a grandma.

Anna and Michelle.

And finally, me with my two moms. Mary has been a great fill-in mom for me since mine was so far away. I'm very thankful for both of you.











No, James was not at Applebee's, but I thought this picture could wrap it up nicely. Boy, I'll miss this kid.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

awww...it must have been so hard to say goodbye! Thank you for sharing! That is SO EXCITING about Lynnae!!! :) Praying for you during this new transition!