Monday, January 14, 2008

Friendship

Proverbs 27:17 - "Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another."


This verse is true about many friends in my life. I was able to spend the weekend with one of them. I met Kari when I moved to IRBC. We have been roommates, partners in crime, but most of all - friends. True friendship is rare and a treasure. She truly sharpens me and points me to Christ.


Kari has been a missionary to Brazil for the last four years. She is now going to begin a new chapter in her life. She is marrying a Brazilian and will be a pastor's wife there. Our time together will be rare, but our friendship will last forever.


Thanks, Kari. I love you and can't wait to see what God has in store for you.


(Kari isn't used to the cold, Iowa winters anymore. She was wrapped in a sleeping bag, blanket, jacket and hat.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was a good post. I'm really glad that you both were able to have time together.

Anonymous said...

Goofy girl, you make me smile. Be assured that the sharpening goes both ways. In spite of the cold, I had a wonderful weekend (although next time could you order warmer weather?). Thank you for your friendship, encouragement, support, edification...okay, I'll stop. Suffice to say, you're a great friend, and I very much enjoy spending time with you, however limited it may be.

Love you.

P.S. Thanks, too, for introducing me to N&S!!!

P.P.S. We never did record the "Spinster Song"! Hmm, I'll think of something yet. That gem is just too precious not to get on film...